Window treatment is often the last thing one thinks about, but don’t underestimate its importance. The right window treatment has the power to add elegance and character to a room like no other ornament in your home.
If you are looking for window treatments in Manhattan to transform your living space, here are some types that you can consider.
Types Of Window Treatments
Not all of us are window treatment experts (you wouldn’t be reading this if you were), so it’s always best to start off with the basics and discuss the various types of window treatments.
Even though there are thousands of different choices, you can bunch most of them under these five categories:
Blinds are classic, yet modern window treatments that are affordable and offer great privacy for areas like the bedroom. They’re also pretty effective at blocking the sunlight. Blinds are typically made with hard materials like plastic, metal, or wood arranged into louvers or slats. These can be opened and closed via cords running through the structure.
You can also lift or lower the entire blind. You can mount them outside or inside of the window frame, depending on your preferences. There’s little choice when it comes to blind styles and little variation when it comes to design.
Shades are a trendy choice due to the variety of designs, colors, and opacities available. They’re made up of a fabric that is cut to the length of your window. Shades work well with most indoor decoration styles. Here are some of the different types of shades you can find in the market.
- Roller shades: they easily unroll from a tube-shaped rod mounted on the top of a window.
- Honeycomb shades: they glide down from the top of a window in multiple folds.
- Pirouette shades: unique horizontal shades made of soft fabric.
Shutters are quite expensive to install. They’re made of pure wood in a vintage-style that is perfect for cottages, country houses, or coastal homes. They’re fitted in the window frame and rotate around hinges that allow them to open and close.
Natural wood tones and white are the most popular colors for shutters.
Curtains & Drapes
Curtains are a fantastic choice for most homes. They offer customizability like no other option on our list. With an unlimited array of styles, colors, patterns, and fabrics, they are sure to add a dash of character to your room.
Drapes are very much like curtains but are usually made of a heavier fabric. They cost more than curtains, but they are the best solution for blocking out sunlight.
Window treatment companies will usually recommend using curtains and drapes when style is your top priority.
How To Choose Window Treatments in Manhattan
We won’t waste any of your time. Follow these steps to find the best window treatments for you.
- Functionality: Do you want your window treatment to operate side-to-side or up and down? Choose what you like.
- Privacy: Do you want your windows to maintain the view or block everything out? Or maybe you want something in the middle? Manhattan homes are usually very close to each other so take that into account.
- Usage: Some treatments are decorative and can’t handle too much usage. Consider how many times you’ll be opening and closing the window treatments.
- Budget: There is no point looking for silky drapes if they don’t fit in your budget. Decide how much you’re willing to pay and look in that price bracket.
- Material: Many window treatments in NYC do not use good materials, which can lead to problems down the line. Make sure to check the material quality before buying.
- Style: Window treatments have to be aesthetically pleasing. Choose them wisely to complement or enhance your current living space.
Finding The Best Window Treatments Near Me
Whether you’re looking for the most premium drapes or budget blinds of Manhattan, Urban Window Treatments can help you out! We are a family-run business and our main aim is to satisfy our clients.
You can choose from our many gorgeous stock designs or get your own custom styling of window coverings.
The best part? You don’t have to leave your home to shop! Contact us today for a window treatment free consultation, and our representative will visit your home with samples of all types, styles, colors, and designs.